Immigration to Australia is especially for relatively young and skilled people who wish to emigrate to a Country with a great lifestyle and excellent job opportunities. In Australia immigration of skilled migrants is encouraged and is assessed on a points system with points awarded for work experience, qualifications and language proficiency. Other ways of obtaining immigration visas to Australia include the Australian Family Migration and Humanitarian Programs.
The Australian immigration program has opportunities for people with a variety of backgrounds, ages, qualifications and needs. Choose the route to Australia that best reflects your circumstances and goals:
- There is a strong emphasis in the Australian immigration program on attracting people who can contribute to the economy. If you are under 45, speak at least vocational level English, and have qualifications in one of the numerous priority professions and trades, you may be eligible under the Skilled Migration Program.
- Australian skilled immigration is much easier if you are willing to live in a particular region of Australia.
- Provisions are made for people ready to invest in Australia or who have certain business skills
- Improve your proficiency in English and obtain qualifications from Australia’s world class tertiary institutions through the Student Visa Program.
- Working Holiday Visas allow young people from a number of participating countries to support themselves while having the time of their lives Down Under.
Australia also accepts migrants with relatives already in the country under the Family Stream Migration program, and welcomes refugees under the Humanitarian Program